View Full Version : Any way of getting a Zune 80 to work in in iTunes

S7ven7
12-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey guys,

I was just wondering whether there is anyway of getting the zune 80 to work in iTunes (this is basically the reason why i am deciding between a zune and an iPod), i really want a zune but i am just figuring out the switching costs.

Thanks!

Mr Bizzkit
12-28-2007, 01:29 AM
I would have to say no mate as the 2 devices share diffrent software and codecs to talk with each program.

The zune software has the same set up as itunes but will only accept ZUNES and not IPODS.

( IF YOU HAVE YOUR MUSIC STORED ON PC YOU CAN EASYILY MOVE IT TO THE ZUNE )

Adam Krebs
12-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Short answer: no. iPods don't work in Zune, Zunes don't work in iTunes. Capitalism at work.

Zune has a handy "import" feature that will automatically move your library from iTunes into Zune. One thing it won't do is take the songs you've purchased from the iTunes store. These are protected in such a way that only iTunes can read them, and can't be used anywhere else.

If you decide to make the switch, there are tools that will remove these restrictions, but they're morally and legally questionable. If you decide to get a Zune, you can re-download your tracks and millions more as part of the Zune Pass (http://www.zune.net/en-us/support/usersguide/zunemarketplace/zunepass.htm). Check it out.