View Full Version : So How Was Everyone's Christmas?

Jason Dunn
12-27-2007, 07:10 AM
If you celebrated Christmas, how was it for you? Did you get any fun electronic goodies, or anything special? Or did you do anything special? My Christmas was nice: we spent a lot of time together as a family, visiting and talking. I didn't get much in the way of electronics (the expensive stuff I tend to buy myself), but I did get a lot of DVDs, books, graphic novels, clothes, food, and an assortment of interesting things like custom-framed classic Marvel Comic covers (reproduced in postcard form), a cool multi-photo frame, and an Amazon.ca gift certificate that I gleefully spent today on more books, CDs, and DVDs. I also spent a lot of time working on things related to our new server, which hopefully I'll announce tomorrow...

Rocco Augusto
12-27-2007, 09:10 AM
I got a cold and Guitar Hero III for the Wii. Needle to say, I have been useless during this brief break from work. :D

joefuture
12-27-2007, 01:09 PM
I thought I'd been naughty since Santa still hasn't brought me a WM6 upgrade for my Blackjack ;), but today he's bringing me brand new twin baby girls, so I can't complain!

David Tucker
12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
No Christmas for me but I got a lot of new things for my new house for Hannukah. Lots of kitchen things, bedroom stuff, gift cards to Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

Post holidays I bought myself a T-Mobile Wing yesterday :)

I thought I'd been naughty since Santa still hasn't brought me a WM6 upgrade for my Blackjack ;), but today he's bringing me brand new twin baby girls, so I can't complain!

That's awesome Joe, congratulations :)

Jason Dunn
12-27-2007, 07:00 PM
...but today he's bringing me brand new twin baby girls, so I can't complain!

Wow, that's amazing news! What a gift! Although I hear when they're teenagers you might feel like looking for the gift receipt. :D

Rocco Augusto
12-27-2007, 07:54 PM
....but today he's bringing me brand new twin baby girls, so I can't complain!

Showoff! :D

That's awesome! Congrats! Hopefully Samsung/AT&T gets on the ball and releases the new WM6 Blackjack ROM so you have something to play with on all those sleepless nights that are in your future ;)

onlydarksets
12-27-2007, 08:06 PM

Are they firmware-upgradeable?

Congrats!

joefuture
12-27-2007, 11:56 PM
Well darn it, these kids are taking just as long as the WM6 update! I think we have a LONG night ahead (it started last night at 8pm).

But thank goodness for my smartphone... I'd be going nuts without viigo, a few choice games, pocket IE, etc.

Mike Temporale
12-28-2007, 03:43 AM
Twins?! wow - You must have been really good for Santa to bring 2 gifts. :D Congrats!

My wife and I didn't do much in the gift department. We took a short little vacation a couple weeks back and called that our Christmas gift to each other. :cool:

joefuture
12-29-2007, 04:02 AM
Thanks all! They finally arrived this afternoon and are doing really well!

Neil Enns
12-29-2007, 05:36 AM
I didn't get anything technology related (unless you count Seinfeld Season 9 on DVD), but I did get an actual TTC subway map from inside a subway! It's huge, almost 6' long and a foot tall. Best part? I got to build a nifty lightbox to hold it over the holidays. Now I just have to find somewhere to hang it...

Neil

spoirier
12-30-2007, 02:57 AM
I got a Garmin Nuvi 760 GPS, a Canon Powershot SD950 IS and a Nintendo Wii with WiiPlay, Super Mario Galaxy, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Medal of Honor Heros 2, Star Wars: The Complete Saga and Metroid Prime3: Corruption. My wife really spoiled me this year.:D

onlydarksets
12-30-2007, 03:45 AM
Thanks all! They finally arrived this afternoon and are doing really well!

Congrats! Your first(s)?

waterman
01-07-2008, 03:31 AM
Congrats Joe!

h2o

Jeremy Charette
01-11-2008, 05:56 PM
Little late to the party, but I got a few things I was hoping for:

120GB Hard drive for my Xbox 360
Halo Master Chief Xbox 360 Controller

This week I went and re-downloaded all the TV shows I'd purchased on Xbox Live, as well as a bunch of demos. My 20GB drive was full up a long time ago and I've had to delete quite a few things to make room for new content. Now if I could just find some time to play a few games...