View Full Version : Red Zune displays as white in new software

Tlingit
12-23-2007, 08:13 AM
I apologize if this has already been posted but trying to search through the forums with a feature called "Search" seems to be beyond my grasp. I guess no one has posted the word "red."

Anyways, my girlfriend has a red (watermelon) Zune and the new software displays it as being a white Zune. I don't have this problem with mine. I have the Halo 3 one but it's not any different between the black one other than decals. I was looking at the zune.net site and they show red as being one of the official colors that it comes in rather than just being a special edition color. You'd think that it would display properly if they recognize it as one. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone else know of a way to fix it?

And for anyone out there with a hair up their ass, I have searched Google multiple times. So far I've only seen one thing that brings up the problem I'm having and he doesn't get his question answered either.

Sven Johannsen
12-24-2007, 04:53 AM
My wife's pink ones, 30G and 8G show up as white too. I thought it might be the monitor colors and might have just been washed out pink, but red should be red I would think. My brown 30G and green 8G show up right. I was surprised when they did that, and then surprised when hers didn't.

Actually be thankful they show up as the right kind of Zune. My WM devices, often don't even show up as the right type of device with Vista and WMDC.

Jason Dunn
12-24-2007, 06:49 AM
I apologize if this has already been posted but trying to search through the forums with a feature called "Search" seems to be beyond my grasp. I guess no one has posted the word "red."

It's an unfortunate limitation of vBulletin, our forum software: they don't index three character words. If you search for the term "red zune", with or without the quote, you'll find results.

I wish I knew that answer to your question, but I don't know what registry key controls the display of the connected Zune.