View Full Version : 12 x 12" Paper and FotoFusion: A Great Combination

Jason Dunn
07-17-2007, 09:00 PM
Since installing and reviewing v4 of FotoFusion (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,12290), I've been really enjoying using it to create photo layouts - it's amazing how quickly I can whip one up, and it's equally amazing how quickly I can remove frames, resize them, and keep them locked into the grid so everything is clean looking. I ordered some 12" by 12" matte paper from an eBay seller a few weeks ago, and I decided to combine the two: creating a photo layout with FotoFusion and printing it out on the 12" x 12" paper. Here was the result:

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/fotofusion-collage-12x12-paper.jpg

This is such a fantastic way to create a unique, great way of remembering an event: I'm hooked and I suspect I'll be printing many more 12 x 12" prints in the future. I printed up several of these and gave them to a few of the people involved, and they all loved them. Scenarios such as this are when I feel I'm most successful with technology: when I can take useful software, a bit of photographic skill, a nice printer, and create something that people can cherish for years to come. That's when technology works as it should.

Kris Kumar
07-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Real sweet!

This piece of art of has convinced me to download the trial. This one is a powerful collage compared to the "Hellooooo Sailor" one in the review. :-)

Up until now I was surviving on flickr.com and bighugelabs.com's mosaic tool. It cannot generate print worthy stuff but used to work for my main need. I usually end up creating a collage which is roughly 800 x 800 pixels and then put it on my desktop as the wallpaper (usually off-centered for a more dramatic effect) with black background.

KC
07-18-2007, 02:34 AM
Isn't 12 x 12 is the standard size for scrapbook pages? This has gotten to be a huge fad in the US. The scrapers of the world would love this format and method of quickly creating pages.