View Full Version : Another Good Day for Customer Service

Jeremy Charette
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
My problems with my Xbox 360 console have been well documented over the past couple of months, but today I have a glimmer of hope, courtesy of UPS. I just received an automated phone call letting me know my console is on its way, and will arrive tomorrow. It's a small touch, but one that (for me) goes a long way towards repairing not just my console, but also my perception of Microsoft's customer service.<br /><br />Now for the big question: will it work?

Jason Dunn
05-23-2007, 07:11 PM
Here's hoping you end up with a PERFECT Xbox 360...!

Jeremy Charette
05-23-2007, 08:56 PM
But the Xbox 360 already IS perfect! :wink:

Jason Dunn
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
But the Xbox 360 already IS perfect! :wink:

...when it works. :lol:

Jason Eaton
05-24-2007, 03:56 PM
Did you record your serial number purchance?

I have been hearing that early returns were replaced with refurbished units when they were sent in. This in turn removes the borked unit and replaces it with a unit that hasn't borked *yet*.

After the influx of repeat customers it appears MS changed gears and are repairing the units and sending the same unit back (depending on borkness). Most commonly the heat generated in the unit causes some components to detach from mainboard. In which case they resolder the part and affix additional epoxy to keep it from happening again (ala elite version update)

Mind an update when yours comes back (if you can identify)?

Jeremy Charette
05-24-2007, 04:10 PM
When I had it service a couple months ago, I got back the same SN I sent in. Mind you, it didn't appear that anything had been fixed...but at least I got the same one back! :lol:

Jeremy Charette
05-24-2007, 06:50 PM
This time I received either a refurb or a new console. Not sure which. But it is definitely not the same console I sent back, has a manufacture date of November 2006.

Jason Dunn
05-24-2007, 06:55 PM
This time I received either a refurb or a new console. Not sure which. But it is definitely not the same console I sent back, has a manufacture date of November 2006.

Then there's hope...don't keep us in suspense, did you plug it in and did it work...??

Jeremy Charette
05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
It works fine, the dashboard menus are much more responsive, and it's noticeably quieter than my original console. They also threw in a 1 month Xbox Live Gold Subscription card for my troubles. Oh, and the replacement came with a faceplate, which I had removed before I sent it back. So now I have a spare faceplate.

Here's hoping it stays good forever, and if it doesn't, that it fails before my 90 day warranty extension! :lol:

Jason Dunn
05-24-2007, 07:47 PM
w00t w00t! Awesome! :D

Jason Eaton
05-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Well I guess that goes counter to what the other forums are saying about getting your unit back repaired. Unless your machine had a different borking. Yes technical term. :D

Off Topic: Anyone hear of any improvments coming down the line for Media Center? Enjoying the streaming from server with the xbox360, but just would like a little more options for stripping commercials out.