View Full Version : iTunes 7.1.1.5 and MS Vista

davekaye53
05-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi all,

I guess this has maybe been done to death already but if you could point me in the right direction that would be great

Recently upgraded Dell comp from XP2 to Vista with iTunes 7.1.1.5 already installed prior to upgrade.

Up until a couple of days ago it was working great with downloading and eventual syncing with iPod 30gb Video, now it's playing silly buggers.

First off when syncing a dialogue box would come come up after a little time with the following comments:

"Attempting to copy to the disk "name" failed. You do not have enough access priviledges for this operation.
iTunes could not save your Music Folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folderand folders in your Music Folder, then tray copying this file again"

Just as that came up I was then prevented from accessing the iTunes program itself which I have since rectified by getting into the iTunes folder through Explorer and unchecking the read only box to allow access.

Thinking this would also work with the first problem, I tried the same through Explorer with absolutely no joy whatsoever.

Now weirdly, when synced and after pressing OK for the first message/dialogue box, it does sync with some music that has recently been downloaded, still has the library of music etc prior to all this hassle so no loss there thank God.

Sounds a bit wandered a question I know, but do any of you out there have the same experience of this or heard of similar?

Cheers

Dave

Jason Dunn
05-15-2007, 01:22 PM
I haven't seen this myself, but I haven't done an XP > Vista upgrade either (I've only done clean installs). Have you tried un-installing, downloading the latest version of iTunes, then re-installing? It's a long shot, but it might work...

davekaye53
05-17-2007, 03:36 PM
cheers for that tip bud, just one thing, uninstalling and re-installing iTunes - would that not lose my downloaded music or am I just fretting too much?

Jason Dunn
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
cheers for that tip bud, just one thing, uninstalling and re-installing iTunes - would that not lose my downloaded music or am I just fretting too much?

I don't think you'll lose your music - iTunes leaves it behind when it uninstalls I believe - just to be on the safe side why not copy the music folder to your desktop, do the uninstall/reinstall, then see what happens...and if it does remove your music you'll still have the backup on the desktop.

davekaye53
05-17-2007, 07:58 PM
will do, thanks again