View Full Version : Black Friday: Are You Going to Stand Out in the Cold?

Jeremy Charette
11-22-2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/66750947_faa20c5c27_m.jpg

I'm sure some of you have wondered where I've disappeared to these past couple months. Well, I took a vacation, and then had my laptop stolen the day I got back. I've been offline for a while while I figure out what to do about getting a new computer. So, tomorrow night, I'll be camping out in front of Best Buy waiting for the early bird specials on Black Friday at 5 AM. They have a couple of very nice laptops on sale, including a Toshiba model for $250, with cd burner, core duo processor, 15.4" widescreen display, and wifi built-in.

How about you guys and gals? Any deals out there good enough to get you to brave the cold on Friday morning?

aroma
11-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Nah. I've already done my long line waiting... 10 hrs for a Wii. I'm set for this year! :)

wesk
11-23-2006, 09:58 AM
I feel for you with your laptop being stolen. I had mine stolen (along with alot of other things) from my house when I was on vacation last month.

Wes

Dyvim
11-24-2006, 02:40 PM
I tried for one of the $250 laptops but failed. Of course I only showed up at 4:45 am and there were literally several hundred people in line in front of me already. I'd never in my life gone out this early to try shopping - I probably never will again (lesson learned).

Jeremy Charette
11-24-2006, 07:41 PM
I listened to my sanity, and decided to can the idea of camping out in the cold. It was 38 degrees and raining last night in New York City, and something tells me there were probably already 50+ people in line anyway. Not worth the hassle. I went to bed instead.

Besides, Dell has $500 laptops on their website, with faster processors, larger hard drives, a dvd burner, and double the RAM.