View Full Version : 60 GB Creative Zen Coming Sept. 24th?

Jason Dunn
08-22-2006, 03:31 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.delldjsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10287' target='_blank'>http://www.delldjsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10287</a><br /><br /></div><i>"As I mentioned earlier, what we're doing with the Zen Vision:M at the $299 level and then increasing it when we add 60GBs..."</i><br /><br />There's not much to go on here, but I saw a post over at DAP Site and figured it was worth passing along for those of you who were waiting for Creative to release a larger capacity unit. The above quote is apparently from a financial meeting where Creative is answering for their brutal fiscal year where they've bled money. I'll be disappointed if it's just the same Zen, in the same size (or bigger) chassis, with double the storage. 60 GB is "been there, done that" territory for the iPod and other portable media devices. Creative would need to bust into the 80 GB territory, or go 60 GB and shed some thickness, in order for this to make the waves it needs to make. I still enjoy my Zen Vision quite a bit (though I hate how finicky Windows Media Player 10 is with transcoding files), but a 60 GB version wouldn't be enough to make me go out and buy a new one. Besides which, I've got my eye on the Zune (in more ways than one)... ;-)

ctmagnus
08-22-2006, 04:38 AM
I enjoy large-capacity DAPs not for the amount of music you can carry on them, but for the fact that you can have weeks worth of music plus an awful lot of other data with you wherever you go. Of course, there are still those of use who'll fill an 80GB+ player with music in a heartbeat.

Jason Dunn
08-22-2006, 04:40 AM
I enjoy large-capacity DAPs not for the amount of music you can carry on them...

Sure, agreed, but for myself, I'd love to be able to carry ALL my music with me (ok, minus the Christmas music) and still have enough space left over for TV shows and whatnot. 30 GB is fine for me right now, but all things being equal, I'd totally dig an 80 GB or 100 GB unit. ;-)

timmy
08-22-2006, 07:16 AM
I've got my eye on the Zune (in more ways than one)... ;-)

What do you mean with this one? Can you give us some more info..? :)

Jason Dunn
08-22-2006, 01:40 PM
What do you mean with this one? Can you give us some more info..? :)

www.zunethoughts.com - watch the site today!

Felix Torres
08-22-2006, 02:26 PM
60Gb is about the minimum you can get by with if you want to do lossless or even high-bit-rate compressed audio.
80 is better, but realistically, 100GB is what is needed to hold a decent-sized accumulation in lossless.
And that doesn't even begin to address video.

If Creative had offered a 60GB version six months ago, I might've bit.
Now? A bit too little, too late.

aroma
08-22-2006, 06:02 PM
www.zunethoughts.com - watch the site today!

You big tease! I've been watching for weeks now... and still nothing!