View Full Version : Do you know anyone at Sony?

Philip Colmer
08-19-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm reaching out to the online community here ...

Last week, I recorded my sister's wedding. The video is fine but the audio, which was recorded separately from a wireless mic onto a Hi-MD disc, has become trashed. The SonicStage software barfed during the transfer of the audio from the recorder to my computer and, in the process, has rendered the disc unreadable.

I've rung Sony UK and all they could say was that they couldn't be held responsible (and I wasn't trying to do that) and to try data recovery services through Google. I've done a search and rung a guy who offers minidisc recovery. He has confirmed what I already knew from another website - Hi-MD discs encrypt their audio and it isn't recoverable by anyone outside Sony.

So, if you know anyone at Sony, or know someone who knows someone ... you get the gist ... can you please try to find out if there are any Hi-MD developers/technicians that might have some backroom tools for pulling the data off a disc? I am willing to pay a reasonable sum for a successful recovery.

Thanks.

--Philip

Jason Dunn
08-20-2006, 07:55 AM
Terribly sorry to hear about this Philip - there's nothing worse than the feeling of potentially losing once in a lifetime memories. :( I went through a similar thing with the wedding video I shot last year when I thought the footage was trashed.

Encrypted audio on a personal recording? 8O One more reason for me to stay far away from Sony products... :?