View Full Version : I cancelled my Vongo service after the 1st 15 minutes

sojourner753
07-14-2006, 02:34 AM
So I decided to go ahead and try Vongo during its 14 day trial period. I figured there's nothing to loose, and how knows, perhaps I'd be glad that I did.

As the title states, I joined downloaded installed and played around a bit. The finally called Vongo to cancel my membership.

Here's why:

First, I discovered that all movies need to be played through their player. I had hoped that it would be a DRMed WMV file that I could in turn transfer to my SageTV PVR and play on my TV. Not so.

Second, the Vongo application is not resizable. When I startup the Vongo search application, horizontally I don't see 50% of the application. Its not that my screen isn't wide enough. I just cuts itself off. That means that there are buttons that I don't see, and menus. Now, vertically it is too big for my monitor. I tried moving it up an down, but either I can't see the top of the app or I can't see the bottom.

Third, the selection is tiny. Its rotational. I browse some of the listings and I see things like "Bill Cosby Mystery Series avialable until x". Why are they rotating movies? I idea of an On-Demand download service is that I can see what I want whenever I want.

That was enough for me to not fool with it. And I can see why it hasn't caught on.

Anyone else try Vongo? What do you think?
How about other movie download services?

Itunes is out there, but I know its not compatible with my SageTV setup, and I don't own an iPod or Mac.