View Full Version : Autofeed Scanner advice

Trugmolly
07-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Hi
I am looking to get a scanner, mine is ancient and soooo slow.
I really need an autofeed scanner as I will be using it for animation.
I was wondering if anyone knew of any reasonably cheap ones in the uk.
I would consider secondhand equipment as well.
Any info or advice on using a scanner this way. I have heard that you can buy an autofeeder as a seperate component for some models ?
I also heard about a multi printer scanner combo that used the paper feed for both devices.
If the above is not a realistic option on a low budget then any pointers on a
usb 2 flatbed scanner with a v high pass rate would be greatly appreciated :)
I am thinking speed over quality really if I had to compromise. These days even cheap scanners would be far better quality than my old microtek.
Thanks in advance

Trug

Jason Dunn
07-12-2006, 02:13 PM
I have an HP ScanJet 5530, and it works fairly well - good quality, and it scans 4 x 6 images through an automated feeder. I say "fairly" well because it has a habit of getting jammed now and then. There aren't many inexpensive, consumer-grade autofed scanners on the market - many of them are quite expensive. You may wish to try eBay UK.

Trugmolly
07-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Thanks for that. I really want something for at least a4 size. They are 'old fashioned' peg bar animations. A4 is about as small as one would want to go
with hand drawn frames.
I guess though they would be expensive. Makes me wonder if I would not be better off spending the cash on a digital camera and using some kind of rostrum set up instead. I will have to look into that.