View Full Version : InterVideo Merges With Ulead Systems

Jason Dunn
07-06-2006, 01:00 AM
"InterVideoŽ, Inc. (NASDAQ: IVII) an industry leader in next-generation DVD and multimedia software, announced today that its Taiwan branch, InterVideo Digital Tech, and Ulead Systems (TSE:2487) will be officially merged. InterVideo Taiwan acquired the remaining shares of Ulead Systems Inc. in order to consolidate resources efficiently, reduce operational costs, and enhance operational efficiency. InterVideo currently owns 67 percent of Ulead and will pay NT$30 per share to buy back the remaining 33 percent of shares from Ulead shareholders."

This doesn't come as much of a shock since InterVideo already owned most of Ulead, but now it's official, they own 'em lock, stock, and barrel. I used to be a huge Ulead fan, but have drifted away from most of their products over the years and gone with software that filled my needs better. The only Ulead product I still regularly install is PhotoImpact, and even then I find myself using Photoshop Elements (slow and bloated though it may be) more and more. I'd link to the press release for this news, but they haven't yet published it in their press room (http://www.intervideo.com/jsp/PressRoom.jsp).