View Full Version : Streamload MediaMax Now Includes Free Backup and File Synchronization

Jason Dunn
06-17-2006, 12:00 AM
"In our latest move to knock your socks off, we just completed a new Windows application that automatically backs up your files and syncs files between computers. Streamload MediaMax XL is the latest and greatest in desktop applications and it is the new must-have for managing your digital lifestyle. And did we mention that it's free?! Use our new Windows application to batch upload, batch download, backup files, and sync files between computers. Streamload MediaMax XL is a free, downloadable Windows application that lets you easily upload to and download from Streamload MediaMax using a drag and drop window on your desktop. Plus, it automatically performs regular backups of designated folders on your PC, and it also synchronizes folders across multiple computers and devices every time new files are added, changed or deleted on your computer."

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/streamload-mediamax.gif

Streamload MediaMax offers 25 GB of online storage free, so when you combine that with a Windows program that lets you tap into that easier, you get a pretty compelling scenario. Users can download the beta program directly from the Streamload server (http://email.e-mailnetworks.com/ct/ct.php?t=1355270&c=740719405&m=m&type=1) (there doesn't appear to be a product page). Anyone using Streamload MediaMax? If so, how do you use it?

LoneWolfPhotography
06-23-2006, 08:01 AM
Hello,
I am new here and was reading your article about Streamload and their new Streamload MediaMax options. I am a professional photographer and I am trying to find a secondary option for backing up and keeping all of my digital images safe as well as backing up and keep all of my computer files safe and backed up. I am also in the process of buying an external hard drive too but I would really like to have a secondary "back up" and storage plan for all of my digital images and files and really like the thought of have them secure at an "offsite" online service. I am also not very computer literate when it comes to doing all of this as I am still coming out of the old fashioned world of film cameras. Anyway, I have been trying to read all I can about the Streamload Standard plan as well as the new Streamload MediaMax Premium account to decide which account would best fit my needs. I am also trying to figure out all of the different options offered with each plan. at the present time I have about 31GB of information between my digital images and critical files on my hard drive which are desperately needing backed up. Again, I am not too sure between the two plans but if I am reading it all correctly it appears that with the Streamload MediaMax version it actually syncronizes all of the files between what is on my computer versus what I already have stored in my Streamload MediaMax account and actually updates my Streamload MediaMax account anytime I add new images and files and keeps it synchronized to my computer's hard drive so I don't have to manually do this everytime something new is added. I am very sorry to ramble on so much and ask so many dumb questions but I would really like to try to get the very best plan for keeping all of my fies safe and up to date in case I have a computer virus or failure which would keep me from accessing my files via my computer. Any information which you could provide me with or help which you or anyone else could offer me to help clear this up for me would be absolutely appreciated more than you know. I have probably 1000-1500 images on my computer in RAW files straight from my camera which have not been backed up and which I could NEVER recover if I don't get something done really quick.

Thanks very much for your time and help with this.

Regards,
Bryant

Jason Dunn
06-23-2006, 07:05 PM
First off, welcome to Digital Media Thoughts Bryant!

I have probably 1000-1500 images on my computer in RAW files straight from my camera which have not been backed up and which I could NEVER recover if I don't get something done really quick.

Give this article a read:

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,10507

I think for your needs, Carbonite would be the best solution.

LoneWolfPhotography
06-24-2006, 03:25 AM
Hello again Jason,
Thanks very much for the warm welcome, the AWESOME site you have created and for the great information posted here on Digital Media Thoughts. I have just started glancing through Digital Media Thoughts but I am already very impressed and look forward to looking through the whole sight as time permits. I did check out the two sources you listed for me and I am definitely going to go ahead and sign up for a Carbonite account to get my photos and files backed up and I am also in the process of getting an external hard drive for my laptop and I think the FolderShare software will come in handy for keeping my files backed up and synchronized between my laptop and external hard drive once I get it. I definitely think the Carbonite account is exactly what I was looking for to keep my files safe and I very much appreciate your recommendation. I also feel much more comfortable using it since you recommended it and you are also a user yourself. Thanks again and I very much look forward to talking to you again soon as well as spending more time reading through all of the wonderful information found here at Digital Media Thoughts.

Thanks again and Take care,
Bryant

Jason Dunn
06-24-2006, 04:05 AM
...I am also in the process of getting an external hard drive for my laptop and I think the FolderShare software will come in handy for keeping my files backed up and synchronized between my laptop and external hard drive once I get it.

Unfortunately, that won't quite work: FolderShare is designed to keep folders in sync between different PCs, it will not work on one PC and one external hard drive. What I suggest for that is this program:

http://www.2brightsparks.com/syncback/sbse-features.html

I use it myself and it works quite well.