View Full Version : iPod Nano & Scratching

Jacob
03-08-2006, 05:00 PM
Hello all. I thought I'd venture over into new waters(these forums) for this question.

My girlfriend has offered to buy me an ipod for our anniversary and well, I want to take her up on it ;)

I was thinking of the nano, but I've read about the problems they've had with easy scratching, etc..

I've also read on some user forums that Apple has changed the material on the screen so it won't scratch as much(no real official announcement so they don't have to admit fault for the lawsuit).

Does anyone have any confirmation on this? I know I can get a case, there are screen protectors, etc... just wanted to know if there was any conclusion with the scratch issue.

On the case note, anyone know of a good, small and relatively cheap case for it?

Thanks for any help.

Jason Dunn
03-08-2006, 05:34 PM
My family and I bought my dad an iPod Nano for Christmas, and I made sure to put it in a case about 10 seconds after he took it out of the package. A friend of mine got given an iPod Video for Christmas and after three days the screen looked like hell. I don't know how/when they made the changes to the screen, but I honestly wouldn't place any trust in Apple to fix this problem and would make sure to get a case that you can leave the device in and one that would protect the screen.

I'm not sure about inexpensive Nano cases - likely one of those silicon cases would be best (if it protects the screen that is).

Jacob
03-08-2006, 07:27 PM
Thanks. I've been googling and trying to do research on the issue and from what I've seen the most recent postings and articles are from November of last year.

I heard some reports of "no scratches" some of "too many" etc..

Most cases that I saw do at least have a plastic cover for the screen itself so I'll likely get a cheap one that has that first and then maybe move up.

Due to the lack of really recent information I was hoping those in these forums might have more recent information - i.e. if Apple really did do something significant to address this.