View Full Version : Man With Brain Damage Worries About iPod-Induced Hearing Loss

Jason Dunn
02-03-2006, 02:45 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/01/ipod.suit.ap/index.html' target='_blank'>http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/02/01/ipod.suit.ap/index.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"The iPod players are "inherently defective in design and are not sufficiently adorned with adequate warnings regarding the likelihood of hearing loss," according to the complaint, filed Tuesday in U.S. District Court in San Jose, California, on behalf of John Kiel Patterson, of Louisiana. The suit, which Patterson wants certified as a class-action, seeks compensation for unspecified damages and upgrades that will make iPods safer. Patterson's suit said he bought an iPod last year, but does not specify whether he suffered hearing loss from the device."</i><br /><br />Just when I thought everyone had sued everyone else for every possible thing...this comes along and proves me wrong. John Kiel Patterson, who himself seems to have no hearing loss, is leading a class action charge against Apple to "protect" all iPod owners from hearing loss. :roll: And here's something I didn't know about: in France, Apple had to pull iPods from the shelves and re-flash them with firmware limiting the volume level to 100db. Incroyable!

ctmagnus
02-03-2006, 07:32 AM
:confused totally:

I didn't actually see the words 'brain' or 'damage' in the article any place. Or is that just a bit of sarcasm on your part?

Jason Dunn
02-03-2006, 07:46 AM
I didn't actually see the words 'brain' or 'damage' in the article any place. Or is that just a bit of sarcasm on your part?

Bing. I think anyone who sues an audio player company for potential hearing loss is clearly brain damaged. Actually, that might be an insult to people who have brain damage. :roll:

ctmagnus
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
With non-bud headphones, not too loud.

Imo, it's not so much the player itself as the style of headphones included that should be the issue.