View Full Version : Looking for a way to make large prints

randalllewis
01-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Looking for some guidance here. I have a pair of 7 megapixel Canon cameras (G6 and S70) which have the ability to produce prints larger than 8X10.

I'd like to produce some of my prints in a larger format.

My HP 7550 printer does a nice job for me but is limited to 8X10. I've searched the usual suspects in internet services but they all seem to limit prints to 8X10. Some offer poster sizes, but that isn't what I am after. I'd like to do an occasional 12X14 or other larger sizes, but not posters.

HP offers a large format printer but it is very expensive. Are there other printers from Canon or someone else or does anyone know a service that will print larger sizes? Thanks for the assistance.

Bob12
01-11-2006, 06:40 PM
Check with photo shops in the Sea-Tac area - many offer oversize print services. One near me in Central Missouri can print up to 36 inches by whatever width necessary. Generally, these services charge by the square inch.

Jason Dunn
01-14-2006, 07:22 AM
Whenever I need to do oversized prints, I just use an online photo printing service:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp
http://www.shutterfly.com/

randalllewis
01-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Thanks Bob12 and Jason for the tips. I'll check them both out. As for the online options Jason suggested, I had checked out a few who did not offer prints larger than 8X10 except posters, but I never thought of Kodak. My first digital camera was a Kodak DSC 65 which I still have around here somewhere along with the 4 megapixel CF card it came with. But since I jumped to Canon a few years back, Kodak has just faded from thought.

Jason Dunn
01-14-2006, 08:54 PM
I had checked out a few who did not offer prints larger than 8X10 except posters, but I never thought of Kodak.

Maybe this is a silly question, but what's the difference between a 16 x 19" print and a "poster"?

randalllewis
01-15-2006, 07:35 AM
When I think of posters, I think of those 2X3 foot sheets that used to hang in my dorm room or somewhat smaller sheets but printed on something other than quality photo paper.

Jason Dunn
01-15-2006, 07:37 AM
When I think of posters, I think of those 2X3 foot sheets that used to hang in my dorm room or somewhat smaller sheets but printed on something other than quality photo paper.

Oh no, not at all. The 16 x 19" prints that I've ordered from Ofoto (now Kodak) were printed on nice, thick paper. They're real photo prints - order one and try it out! :-)