View Full Version : DSLR with through the view finder info - suggestions please?

Iznotgold
11-28-2005, 09:30 AM
Hi,

(First Newbie Post)

I'm looking to buy a digital SLR camera and need your help, please?

I currently own a Canon G6, which I have really enjoyed using, however, it has some limitations. Firstly, composing shots using the LCD in bright sun light is very difficult and I found I had to resort to using the view finder with the problems associated with non SLR view finder operation. Also, I find that I struggle to manually control the camera....going through the menu screens to do so is time consuming and a pain. I found my self longing for the simplicity of my old SLR camera.

Therefore, I'd like to move to a digital SLR camera but one that is easy to control i.e. one that provides metering information through the view finder. I hate having to compose shots then start fiddling with the back of the camera making adjustments.

So are there DSLRs on the market, which replicate a basic conventional SLR camera's operation that don't cost a fortune, are not hugely bulky or heavy?

I really like the compact Canon EOS D350 size and feature's but I don't think it does the through the view finder metering info...or am I wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Regards

Lee Yuan Sheng
11-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Any decent DSLR from a respectable camera manufacturer will meet your requirements. I'm pretty sure the EOS 350D will meet your needs.

Bob12
11-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Check the reviews on dpreview.com -- they generally include a graphic of information shown in the viewfinder.