View Full Version : Standing in Line to be the First Kid on the Block

Jeremy Charette
11-22-2005, 04:00 PM
http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/images/powerglove_med.jpg

The year was 1989. I was 13 years old, and I had convinced my father to drive me to the nearest Kmart at 5:30 in the morning, and fork over $100 for the Nintendo Powerglove. We stood outside in the cold for over an hour, and then finally, when the doors opened at 7 AM, I had it. The coolest video game accessory ever made. I spent practically the entire day playing SuperGloveBall or calling my friends to tell them how cool it was.

I didn't stand in line for an Xbox 360, but I know that Jason Dunn is going to be doing just that this morning. Would you? Why? What is so powerful about that allure of being the first kid on the block? :D

Tim Williamson
11-22-2005, 06:57 PM
I stood in line to see Episode I, but I don't recall ever standing in line for a tech product, although, if I had the money, I would've been in line last night for the 360! :)

encece
11-23-2005, 05:18 AM
I remember buying that glove and I didnt even have a nintendo. I just wanted it to make it into a super-ninja-spy-thing-a-ma-jigger. Aded a flashlight, a knife, some ninja throwing knives. Then I lost interest and threw it away.

I should note that I bought it very used some time after it's launch!