View Full Version : Speed Link Medusa 5.1 Surround Headset Review

Jeremy Charette
09-06-2005, 09:00 PM
"Speed Link is not a name I’ve was previously familiar (turns out its big in Europe) and not one I’d associate with audio but then again neither is Zalman who also produced a set of 5.1 headphones. I own the Zalmans making me well placed to compare to the Medusas. Firstly, the Medusas are more conventional looking, though that’s not too hard compared to the frankly bizarre looking Zalmans. They’re also more comfortable to wear, thanks to the Medusas having a thick velvety pad around the earphones and a padded headband. The headphones are of a closed back design which helps to increase bass. It also ensures that sounds are kept in so that you don’t disturb others nearby. This makes them ideal for LAN parties, where everyone can play together, but also in their own world, without disturbing each other. To aid portability, the phones fold up into the headband making them that bit more portable."

http://www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/1794-main.jpg

It's late at night, you're playing Battlefield 2, explosions are going off around you in surround sound...and then your wife walks in and lets you have it. If you'd just bought this Speed Link Medusa headset with built-in microphone, you could have avoided sleeping on the couch for the next two nights. While the surround effect isn't as good as a true surround sound speaker setup, it's more than enough to give you good spatial location when playing games online, without disturbing everyone around you. That just might save you from a rough night's sleep. :lol: