View Full Version : New Rhapsody Release Note Quite So Blissful?

Jason Dunn
05-06-2005, 10:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120735,tk,dn050605X,00.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120735,tk,dn050605X,00.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"I was prepared to love the new version of the music streaming service Rhapsody, which adds portable subscriptions to its list of optional features. I'm a longtime Rhapsody subscriber with a lengthy commute, so the promise of being able to take the music I subscribe to anywhere I want is exciting. Unfortunately, in my experience, a big part of the new service just didn't seem to work. It's supposed to work like this: You download Real's new Rhapsody 3 player, and for $10 per month you can listen to music you stream on demand from Real's servers, or you can store as many tunes as you like from its million-song collection on your notebook's hard drive. For an extra $5 per month, you can upgrade to a Rhapsody To Go subscription, which, in theory, lets you transfer those tracks to a few supported portable digital audio players (not including any Apple IPod)."</i>

egads
05-07-2005, 08:27 PM
You could not pay me to put any Real stuff on my PC. Every time in the past I've installed Real software it takes a half an hour to put you PC back the was it was before the install because Real grabs file associations land litters your desktop with junk and never asks if its OK. I even do "custom install" and it STILL behaves the same way.

Never again...

RenesisX
05-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Rhapsody has always been my favourite online music service, but I've been screwed over by this latest update. I just cannot get this new version to run at all and I've tried re-installing, redownloading, running through their checklist, all to no avail.

So now I'm paying a subscription on something I can't use! :(

surur
05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Ive been a happy Rhapsody user for while now. The "upgrade" to version 3 has ruined my sound quality, with constant hick-ups and interruptions. It even affects WMP, which implied to me that they have done something fundamental to my computer, such as install a custom driver or such. Apparently you can downgrade to version 2 again, which makes everything well. I like the new interface and options however, so I hope they sort things out soon.

Surur