View Full Version : Alcohol and iTunes Don’t Mix

Kent Pribbernow
04-15-2005, 09:00 PM
The other morning I had an epiphany while sitting at my Mac, eating a hearty bowl of iCrunch (http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8049&highlight=icrunch). First, I am an elitist snob with more class, style, and taste than the rest of you commoners. But I know that’s simply the cereal talking. The other revelation came when I began browsing through my iTunes music library and discovered countless tracks that I have no recollection ever purchasing. At least not sober. After doing some backtracking I realized most of these songs were purchased on weekend evenings when I am “relaxing” with an ice cold bottle of Leinenkugels (http://www.leinie.com/splashscreen.asp) (actually two in case the first one gets lonely). Could it be that beer somehow lowers my inhibitions and lures me into downloading music I otherwise wouldn’t purchase, seductively calling me like the Siren’s song? Perhaps.<!>

The songs that I have downloaded range from the unusual to the bizarre. Like some Swedish electronica band whose name I can’t pronounce. I’m hoping this was merely one of iTunes Free “download of the week” offerings. If not, I need professional help…and soon.

Then I have songs that are just plain off-the-wall, like Doris Day’s “Whatever will be, will be”, which sends ice cold chills down my spine every time I ponder WHY I may have downloaded that. Brrrrrrr. But it doesn’t stop there. Among the more delightful downloads are the theme to “The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly”, which is kind of a classic, so I can forgive myself for that mistake. Eddy Arnold’s “Cattle Call”? What the hell? Was I watching Westerns on TCM that weekend or something? Johnny Mathis’s “Chances are”…ok, now this one is a great song from the fifties, so that’s ok. I’ll just deny that I enjoy it. The Partridge Family’s “I think I love you”? The Perishers? Who the hell are they?

I could go on and on, but it would be too embarrassing. Let me just advise all Digital Media Thoughts readers to think before you drink. Remember, friends don’t let friends download drunk.

Have a nice weekend.

marlof
04-15-2005, 10:10 PM
At least you have an excuse. I buy stuff like that when I'm sober, and I don't even like it... :D

Jonathon Watkins
04-16-2005, 11:05 AM
:lol: Nice. I do hope you have one-click buying turned off at Amazon! :wink: