View Full Version : Media Center Laptop?

Outlaw94
03-17-2005, 05:02 AM
I am seriously thinking about purchasing an XP Media Center 2005 machine. I was looking at a few, but I'm not sure which one. If I even decide to buy one. I have been looking at the HP zd8000, a Dell XPS Gen 2, a Dell 9300, or a Toshiba Qosimo. I like that fact that the tuner card is built into the Toshiba. I have had great experiences with Dell computers in the past but they are the most exspensive. The HP looks like the best deal for the money. I also want to use the laptop for gaming as well as all the multimedia and home movie editing and dvd burning. Any suggestions.

Jason Dunn
03-17-2005, 07:14 AM
I have the previous version of the zd8000, and made some comments about it here:

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/articles.php?action=expand,6736

Having the TV tuner internal would indeed be a nice feature, but I have to be honest, I thought I was going to use it to record TV shows but never ended up doing it because ultimately I needed a LOT of storage space for the video and I filled up the 80 GB hard drive pretty quick with photos and music. :-) Overall I like the laptop, and with the Xbrite screen it's simply awesome for media and gaming.