View Full Version : Ripping LPs to mp3 and Volume Equalization

Falstaff
03-02-2005, 01:07 AM
My dad is trying to rip his collection of LPs to digital format (many of them can't be found on CD or online) and I'm trying to help him with the process, at least in finding the software to use for it. I have a copy of Soundforge, which has the tools to cut the tracks and clean up the sound quality, and also the ability to record from the audio input, but I'm looking for something downloadable and easier to use. As I'm away at college, I can't get the Soundforge CD to my dad, so that's a problem. Also, using Soundforge to rip the LPs would be all manual, and thus a very time consuming process, and my dad would really prefer something faster and more specialized. Does anyone know of a program that is made for this purpose (free is best)? I'd appreciate any help.

Also, does anyone know of freeware volume equalization software? I don't want to change the bitrate, filetype, or anything except the volume of all my mp3s, something fast would be nice, as my dad has 25GB he needs to use this on and I have 45GB now, with probably 15-20 more in the next few weeks. Thanks a lot.