View Full Version : Noise filtering for a DVD project

Connoisseur
02-20-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm in the process of editing my wedding video for eventual burn to DVD. (I took the source VHS and converted to digital then dumped to my computer). I have a couple minutes section in the ceremony where there is quite a fair amount of audio static in the background. The videographer had no explanation, other than to give me a discount on the video... he couldn't fix it! My DVD authoring program I'm using is Roxio DVD Builder. Pretty simple program but enough for my usual needs. But now I need to find an application that can analyze the sound on the video and perhaps separate out the static from the speaking, so I can filter out all this crappy static. I've tried searching online a bit, but I may not know the right thing to search for. What kind of program would handle this kind of job, and where do I find it? I'd really like to filter out the static as much as possible, I know I may not be able to get it all, but even a little improvement will make me feel better about the final product instead of cursing the videographer for years to come every time I watch my wedding DVD.

Regards,
Connoisseur

RWC_Zippy
02-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm no pro on the matter but... try to bring the digital video into something like Adobe Premier Elements or another simular quality video editing program. I know Adobe PE has a audio effect tool which may help to cancel out noise from the audio track.

Anyone else care to take a stab at this one?

Connoisseur
02-21-2005, 10:24 PM
Adobe Premiere Elements, huh? Thanks for the tip. Any other programs out there anyone else know of for this kind of thing?

By the way, nice signature quote Zippy. I love Airplane references!

Regards,
Connoisseur