View Full Version : Hello, My Name Is Chris Gohlke

Chris Gohlke
02-07-2005, 10:00 PM
I've been assimilated by DMT! I'm a new Editor-in-Training here at DMT. You've seen me here and on PPCT as Goldkey, but my actual designation is Chris Gohlke. If you have not guessed, I am a big Trek fan. :robot: I was born and raised in Miami, FL and went to school at the University of Florida (Go Gators!) earning a Masters in Accounting. I became a CPA and settled in Tallahassee with my wife and 3 cats. I work for the government as an IT auditor.

I am very flattered to have been asked to join this site. I have been a big fan of Jason's work for years even though he is responsible for me finding out about and just having to purchase all sorts of cool toys I never knew existed. :wink: Current items I am lusting for include a Digital Rebel, Mac Mini, and Sony PSP. I look forward to helping bring you all the news and spreading the gadget lust.

Gary Sheynkman
02-07-2005, 10:16 PM
Welcome to hell :devilboy: ...muahhahahaha

:lol:

just kidding!

It great to see another editor join the team. More news= more people = more vendors want to send me stuff to review 8) :wink:

resistance is futile

:robot:

Suhit Gupta
02-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Hey Chris,
Welcome to DMT. :)

Suhit

Jason Kravitz
02-07-2005, 11:05 PM
Welcome to DMT - Sony PSP sounds good to me too :wink:

Jonathon Watkins
02-07-2005, 11:50 PM
Good to see you Chris. Looking forward to your stuff. 8)

:oops: Sorry about the copy & paste error there. :?

mcsouth
02-08-2005, 01:18 AM
I became a CPA and settled in Tallahassee with my wife and 3 cats. I work for the government as an IT auditor.

When should we start the jokes about computerized polling stations in Florida? Yes, I saw the CPA reference, but the gov't IT auditor was too good to pass up!

Seriously, welcome to DMT - I look forward to your posts!

(My sister is also a CPA - when we go to the movies, she always insists that we wait for the accountants to show up in the credits, and then we cheer! Always gets a few odd looks........)

Chris Gohlke
02-08-2005, 01:46 AM
Good to see you Gary. Looking forward to your stuff. 8)

It's Chris, not Gary. :wink:

When should we start the jokes about computerized polling stations in Florida? Yes, I saw the CPA reference, but the gov't IT auditor was too good to pass up! 8)

Don't worry, being a govt employee, CPA, AND auditor, I have learned to develop a pretty thick skin. If I go and get a law degree, I should have everything covered to make sure no one will ever like me. :D

klinux
02-08-2005, 02:06 AM
Welcome!

Gary Sheynkman
02-08-2005, 02:14 AM

Great to see you too! :lol:

Gary Sheynkman
02-08-2005, 02:15 AM

It's Chris, not Gary. :wink:

There is nothing with welcoming me to the thread 8)

Mike Temporale
02-08-2005, 02:38 AM
Welcome to the Thoughts Media Empire Chris!

djh
02-08-2005, 04:11 AM
Congrats Chris. I've always enjoyed your posts over at PPCT and hope it goes well here.
I think this site is starting to build some momentum and your appointment will help a lot.

Crocuta
02-08-2005, 04:34 AM
Wow, a Gator living in that city out west... must be tough! Then again, I lasted six years in Knoxville back in the 90's, which was almost as bad. :silly: I guess you can get used to anything. Go Gators!

http://www.digitalmediathoughts.com/media/users/348/gator.gif

Anyway, thanks for taking on the editor role. Hope you enjoy doing it as much as we'll enjoy reading it. :beer:

Filip Norrgard
02-08-2005, 01:04 PM
Welcome Chris!

Nice to see that you too have gotten assimilated! :lol: You're already radiating some Flordia weather to my area through my monitor... which is a good thing... :D

Chris Gohlke
02-08-2005, 01:10 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Chris Gohlke
02-08-2005, 01:12 PM
You're already radiating some Flordia weather to my area through my monitor... which is a good thing... :D

It almost got into the 30's here last night :wink:

High today - 74 :twisted:

Darius Wey
02-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Howdy Chris! Great to see you joining the team. I look forward to reading your posts.

JR
02-09-2005, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the team Chris. I look forward to reading your posts as well.

Jerry Raia
02-23-2005, 03:16 AM
Hey Chris, sorry I didn't see this sooner. Welcome :)

I've just gotten into digital photography and need all the help I can get. I'm depending on you!!!!! :lol: