View Full Version : DVD Copying software .. Need Recommendation

kalaban
01-29-2005, 05:52 PM
I tried searching and the list was too long and I wasn't getting any hits.

Here goes. I have been making movies with Adobe premiere and burning them to dvd-r. They come out great and when I try to burn a copy of the dvd to give to family, my burning fails.

I am using Nero 6.3 and it fails saying it couldn't burn at 4x speed.
I am using Sony DVD-R 1x - 4x. I am burning with source disk in DVD rom and burning to my DVD burner

I looked at some program on the web, like 1click, but it seems like Nero should do this.

Any suggestions??

Thanks for any feedback

kalaban
01-31-2005, 10:17 PM
Ok, maybe my title has prevented responses.

Maybe I can change the question to: Is there a better program than Nero I can use to burn my cdr, dvd-r and dvdrw, as Nero seems more complex for me.

thanks

Bob12
02-01-2005, 02:44 AM
I'm using Roxio's Easy Media Creator 7 and have had no problems with it.

kalaban
02-01-2005, 01:42 PM
I'm using Roxio's Easy Media Creator 7 and have had no problems with it.

Bob12:

Thanks for the feedback. I used Roxio 5? Platinum in the past for my cdr. cdrw and found it very easy to use and no "coasters" made. Is this version as easy to use?? I've seen reviews with people complaining about the interface.

Bob12
02-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I can't compare it to Version 5 since I didn't have that one. However, it seems quite straight forward to me would probably be even easier if I''d read the manual instead of just "browsing" :) It starts with an "idex" scrren of various takss categorized by general type (CD, DVD, Music, etc.) and then loads the appropriate module depending on the action you choose. It has a similar drag & drop interface for basic data disc creation that the WinXP applet (designed by Roxio) uses. It'll also create DVD Slide shows that'll run on most home theater DVD players and convert music files to formats usable for the slide shows and other PC apps.

kalaban
02-02-2005, 03:47 AM
Bob12:

Again, thanks for the help. I have been leaning toward Roxio, but hate having to spend the money when I should be able to use the Nero that came with my DVD burner. It does say something though when I called Sony and they told me to get rid of Nero as they don't "support it". How do you not support something you bundle with your own product?

Oh well. I just need to convince my wife to spend the money :roll:

socrates63
06-29-2005, 08:03 AM
Sorry for reviving an old thread (but then again, most of the threads are old), but if already have Nero 6.x installed, a good burn program is ImgToolBurn (google it). It's free, quick, very simple to use, and leverages Nero. One other thing that I like it about it is that ImgToolBurn can identify how fast your burner can write to the media you've fed it.

I have a NEC 2500a and with 4x Prodisc DVDRs, ImgToolBurn identified that I could burn at 8x! No coasters ever burning 4x Prodisc at 8x.