View Full Version : WMP10 'online store' selection in the top right corner...

RWC_Zippy
01-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey there,

Not sure which forum this belongs in...

I just figured something interesting out... News to me but then again I am a little behind cutting edge on some things... :oops:

I was frustrated by the way that when I installed MP10 on my systems It only gave me the choice of CourtTV and Napster as on-line stores when the screen-shots showed MSN, Musicmatch, Puretracks etc.

So, when I recently reinstalled my OS on one of my machines I picked "US" as my location... then when upgrading from WMP9 to WMP10 it allowed me access to all of the other on-line stores! So it must look for your location and provide content based on that (validating those who say Micro$oft is like 'big brother'?... :robot: )

Anyhow... MS's WMP10 website -> http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/mp10/onlinestores.aspx cleared it up for me... follow the link and find out what you are missing if you don't register as a 'US' user.

Like I said at the beginning, this may be old news to some but it has frustrated me now since WMP10 was released! I'm a happy camper now! :way to go:

-R

Jason Dunn
01-28-2005, 11:56 PM
But can you use most of those stores? So many of them are US only, which is why it doesn't show you them all when your location is set in Canada. :-)

There are certainly some stupid bugs though - on my wife's computer upstairs it's set to Canada, but Napster's Canadian software client won't work! Augh! :roll: