View Full Version : APE format to something that WMP10 can play?

RWC_Zippy
01-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Hey all,

looking for some advice on playing .ape music files (Monkeys Audio format link -> www.monkeysaudio.com) on WMP10.

I found a free converter (dbPoweramp has one) that has the latest CODEC for .ape conversion but haven't tried it out yet. Does anyone have any input? I'd really like to stick with WMP10...

Thanks in advance,

-R

Jason Dunn
01-28-2005, 11:58 PM
Have you compared the audio quality of WMA Lossless to APE? I think you might be surprised... :-)

RWC_Zippy
01-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Have you compared the audio quality of WMA Lossless to APE? I think you might be surprised... :-)

ummmm... :confused totally: I don't think I quite explained what I am trying to do... my bad.

I do not want the .ape format. I do want the .wma format. I just need to get an ape->wma format converter of some sort.

Or, if anybody knows if I can get a codec or something for WMP10 that will recognize the .ape files then allow me to burn or export them as .mp3 or .wma that would work as well... 8)

-ciao!

Jason Dunn
01-29-2005, 12:28 AM
I do not want the .ape format. I do want the .wma format. I just need to get an ape->wma format converter of some sort.

Ah, I see. Um, dumb question...why did you rip in APE if you didn't want to use that format? :-) Anyway a Google search brought me to this site:

http://mp3.downloadatoz.com/lavavo-cd-burner-upgrade/

$5 for an app that will burn APE. Not bad!

RWC_Zippy
01-29-2005, 05:05 AM
[quote="Jason DunnAh, I see. Um, dumb question...[/quote]

Don't beat yourself up... :lol: it wasn't a dumb question. I wasn't really all that clear...

I googled extensively and found a site that had a plugin for good ol' Nero... so I went that way instead. Thanks for your input though! :way to go: