View Full Version : Need Cables? Go to eBay

Jason Dunn
01-15-2005, 12:00 AM
I've been setting up a new home theatre rig the past month, and moving from low-end connections (composite) to high-end connections (DVI, optical, component). I knew that good cables cost a fair bit (heck, even the "cheapo" cables were costly), but when I added up how many cables I'd need, I was at $500 in the blink of an eye. I'm a big fan of eBay, so I decided to poke around and see if there were any deals to be had - boy were there ever! I was able to pick up a six foot digital optical audio cables for about $5 USD - the same kind I paid $50 for at a local store a year ago. I bought nine foot component cables for $10 - the list goes on. I bought all my cables from one vendor in Canada (http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZliquidQ5felectronics), but there are hundreds of great deals to be had on cables. And in my case at least, all of the cables were brand new, still unopened, and exactly the same brand name as the ones the local stores were selling. So if you need cables, check out eBay - just remember to check the feedback rating of the seller to make sure they're not scammers. ;-)

mememe
01-15-2005, 05:36 AM
I have been doing this for the last year as I upgraded my many media devices in our home.. Save much dollars VS BestBuy or Future Shop Monster Cables.. Ripoff cables is more like it.. No one carries cheap stuff anymore.. Margin much better on the high-brow crap.. :twisted: