View Full Version : InterActual’s DVDKey Unlocks Hidden Online Content for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Jason Dunn
12-29-2004, 03:40 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.sonic.com/pr/news/2004/december/dvdkey.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.sonic.com/pr/news/2004/december/dvdkey.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"InterActual, a subsidiary of Sonic Solutions® (NASDAQ: SNIC) and the leading provider of ROM and bonus feature technology for DVD, announced today that New Line Home Entertainment’s The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King Special Extended DVD Edition is shipping with an embedded virtual key that unlocks a special website filled with exclusive online features. Called DVDKey, the technology from InterActual grants viewers access to content online when the DVD is placed in a PC and played back using an InterActual-compatible DVD player. The exciting online bonus features unlocked with The Lord of the Rings:The Return of the King Special Extended DVD Edition include: A Journal for the Ages – Create your own journal, The Lord of the Rings style. Also includes personalized stationery, bookmarks, calendars, desktop images and more. Constructing Middle Earth – See and zoom in on the detailed plans for sets constructed for The Lord of the Rings movies. The plans are linked to video clips of the scenes that take place in these sets..."</i><br /><br />Well, it looks like I might have to install that InterActual player after all if I want to access this cool stuff. Dang. :lol:

Paul Martin
12-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Well, it looks like I might have to install that InterActual player after all if I want to access this cool stuff. Dang. :lol:

I can not tell you the number of times that has been accidentally installed on my computer. I've been uninstalling it all this time. Now I have to keep it? ;)

sub_tex
12-29-2004, 05:08 PM
Well, it looks like I might have to install that InterActual player after all if I want to access this cool stuff. Dang. :lol:

I'd give it a week or less before the free stuff is posted somewhere. :lol:

That InterActual player will never live on my box. It's the devil!