View Full Version : Where do you buy your DVDs?

Zack Mahdavi
12-19-2004, 11:58 PM
I've been looking to build up a DVD collection, as I see that I rent some of the same movies over and over again. Where do you guys buy your DVDs?

Places like Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc? DVD clubs such as Columbia House? eBay or Half.com? Previously used from the rental stores?

Basically, I want to build my DVD collection cheap, which means I want to buy my DVDs for around $8 each. What's the best route?

Bob12
12-20-2004, 04:52 AM
I prefer to buy mine new so that I know who put any scratches on 'em :) That said, I buy most from Laser's Edge in Carmel, IN (lasersedge.com) and some from Barnes & Noble, Best Buy, and other places when I'm just browsing.

Jason Dunn
12-20-2004, 05:48 AM
It really varies for me - Costco, Future Shop/Best Buy, Walmart. Though I've been buying less DVDs lately because of joining Zip, a DVD rental service. In Canada a place called HMV also has been doing a lot of great sales lately...but they're not down in Texas. ;-)

Darius Wey
12-20-2004, 08:07 AM
I doubt listing shops which I look at would help, but there are similar chains in the USA anyway: HMV, JB Hi-Fi, K-Mart, Target, Myer/Grace Bros.

Kursplat
12-20-2004, 11:16 PM
Buy.com has $7.99 DVDs, "2 for $20", "3 for $20", "3 for $15" etc. deals and so on.

I'll occassionally check in Best Buy for similar bundles. They also have a few racks near the front of the store with $14.99 and $9.99 DVDs. Walmart also seems to have a pretty big collection of $8-10 DVDs.

If I buy sets or new DVDs, I try to get them at Costco since they tend to be a little cheaper - though not always by much. For example, Voyager sets are $81 as opposed to $95-105 elsewhere.

JamFactory
01-17-2005, 12:00 PM
Since im in the lovely little island we call the UK, i buy all my dvd's from the best website ever in existance, www.play.com

I think i single-handedly keep that website turning over to be honest, god bless dvd's!