View Full Version : MusicMatch Releases Version 10

Jason Dunn
12-07-2004, 09:46 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,118846,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,118846,pg,1,RSS,RSS,00.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"One of the major hassles of any decent-sized digital music collection is keeping it all organized in a way that makes sense to you. MusicMatch Jukebox 10, now owned by Yahoo, debuts today and gives music lovers lots of help in arranging their tracks in just the way they want. Musicmatch 10, which comes in a free and a $20 premium version, is available to download from Musicmatch's site. For years, media players have used behind-the-scenes database capabilities to build a library of your music. But the new Jukebox goes farther than any player I've seen to expose the power of its database to users. You can view your library in myriad ways, add more detailed information, and easily edit info for your tracks."</i><br /><br />When an app reaches version 10, you know it's been around the block a few times and has undergone some serious improvements - unless those darn marketing people got ahold of the product and skipped a whole bunch of numbers. ;-) I remember trying MusicMatch about two years ago, but it felt bloated and slow. Has anyone taken version 10 for a spin? I just downloaded it and will check it out. My audio metatags are still a mess, so if this tool can help me clean them up, all the better!

James Fee
12-07-2004, 10:00 PM
I have a paid version of Musicmatch that I used before WMP10 arrrived. Since then I've just used the Musicmatch plugin for WMP10 rather than the stand alone player. I'll have to check it out again and see if its worth dumping WMP10.

Tim Williamson
12-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Well I installed 10 and it seems like an okay program (I haven't used MusicMatch since version 5 or 6 and I only used it for about 5 minutes) so I can't really compare 10 with any other version.

I ended up uninstalling 10.0 five minutes after using it because I have no way of sorting my music by genre, then artist, then album without paying for the plus version, so for now I'm sticking with Winamp.

Filip Norrgard
12-08-2004, 08:35 AM
That new AutoDJ feature sure sounds interesting... better download and see if it what I've been missing... :cool:

Jonathon Watkins
12-09-2004, 01:47 AM
I have a paid version of Musicmatch that I used before WMP10 arrrived. Since then I've just used the Musicmatch plugin for WMP10 rather than the stand alone player. I'll have to check it out again and see if its worth dumping WMP10.

I liked MM 8 but really dislike 9 as it was not stable, did not seem to offer any skins and kept trying to upgrade itself and do all kinds of bad stuff. I haven't really taken to WMP yet as it can't display the libtrary by album, sorted by artist. I'll give MM 10 a go to see how it looks.

What MM WMP plug-in btw? Sounds interesting.

Darius Wey
12-09-2004, 03:33 AM
I liked MM 8 but really dislike 9 as it was not stable

I agree. MM9 rocked the boat just a little too much. I'll have to give MM10 a go, but for now, I've just been using WMP for general playback, and Winamp 5 for playback of playlists, etc.