View Full Version : Snowy White Greetings from Filip

Filip Norrgard
12-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hi everybody!<br /><br />I'm a new Editor-in-Training on the Digital Media Thoughts block and I will be bringing you the latest digital media news from the European continent to you. :D<br /><br />Who am I? I'm Filip Norrgård (<span>first name pronounced the same way as the "Philip(h)" version, the last name anyway you like ;) </span> ), aka. manywhere, and I live in a town called <a href="http://www.vaasa.fi/270141.shtml">Vaasa</a> on the sunny west coast of <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland">Finland</a>. When I'm not posting news or surfing the Internet, then I am most likely studying for a masters of science degree in computer science at <a href="http://www.uwasa.fi/international/">University of Vaasa</a>. <br /><br />The first computer I had was a Commodore 64 (who <b>didn't</b> have one?) which later in the 90's quite quickly changed into using a PC. My first acquaintance with Macs was a scary one (the Performa crashed when I touched the mouse) but after Mac OS X came in the picture I have found myself owning an old PowerMac G3 running as a network server. PCs did never leave the picture for me and I'm also a happy owner of a Windows XP Pro machine that is waiting to become a PVR of some sorts. :P <br /><br />Other than toying with Pocket PCs, I also spend time keeping up-to-date with the latest technological advances and doing some programming. My current digital media area of grand expertise might as well be digital TV -- most notably the DVB standard -- so, feel free to ask about it in the forums! On the camera side, I'm not yet an owner of a digital camera but I'm keeping my eyes open for something more of a professional camera (Canon EOS, perhaps). For the moment, my Loox 720's integrated camera will do fine for me.<br /><br />I'm looking forward to helping out at my favorite digital media site on the net! :cool:

Mike Temporale
12-02-2004, 02:49 PM
Congrats! and welcome to the Thoughts Media Empire. 8)

Filip Norrgard
12-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Congrats! and welcome to the Thoughts Media Empire. 8)
Thanks! :) Feels great to be part of this community. :D

Neil Enns
12-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Welcome Filip!

The first computer I had was a Commodore 64 (who didn'thave one?)

Uh, I didn't :(

Neil

Kent Pribbernow
12-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Welkommen Filip! :)

James Fee
12-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Uh, I didn't :(Same here, but I had an Apple ][....

Phoenix
12-02-2004, 10:43 PM
I had a Commodore 64! I remember that thing - sheesh, that was a long time ago! I almost miss it. :)

Welcome to DMT, Filip!

Janak Parekh
12-02-2004, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the Thoughts Media family, Filip. :D

--janak

Andy Manea
12-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Congratulations, Filip :beer: Finland is - to us - the capital of everything new, electronic and shiny.
BTW your university's website has a very minimalistic design - to put it in a nice way :lol:

Suhit Gupta
12-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey Filip,
Welcome to DMT. :)

Suhit

Pat Logsdon
12-04-2004, 06:29 AM
Welcome, Filip!

If it makes you feel any better, I have a REALLY BAD digital camera. :mrgreen:

Darius Wey
12-04-2004, 07:34 AM
A big HELLO - ~13,000km away. 8)

Looking forward to your contributions, Filip.

Jonathon Watkins
12-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Welcome Filip. :D Good to see you. Looking forward to your posts.

(I owned a Spectrum Zx81 btw, never a Commodore 64). :wink:

Filip Norrgard
12-07-2004, 12:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! :)

Congratulations, Filip :beer: Finland is - to us - the capital of everything new, electronic and shiny.
BTW your university's website has a very minimalistic design - to put it in a nice way :lol:
Oh really? I didn't know that Finland had got such a label... ;)
As for the univeristy's homepage, it hasn't really been updated to the new design on the international side yet. The German page is not even finished, maybe I should give the designers a hand. :turn-l: