View Full Version : Media Center problems with Hauppauge 150MCE

yada88
11-13-2004, 01:46 AM
I have a Hauppauge 150MCE card which I just got. I installed it in my Media Center 2005 Edition PC that I built myself. Media Center works fine but when I go to watch tv, I get the error, "Decoder Error. THe video decoder is either malfunctioning or not installed. Please restart Media Center and/or the computer." I tried changing the card from one PCI slot to another with no success. I tried downloading the updated drivers for MCE 2005 from Hauppauge's site. Didn't do squat.

I welcome any and all suggestions! Should I have installed the tv capture card before installing windows? Anyone have any ideas? At first I did get a video (not capture) card error. I then installed ATI's Media Center Edition drivers, and the error went away. But I stil can't get TV to work! Is this whole thing possibly because I have an ATI 8500? I thought this was where the video card error came from, but i got rid of that.

Is it possibly a driver or hardware problem with the Hauppauge card?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Jeff

fslongo
11-17-2004, 08:21 PM
Have you installed a DVD decoder yet? The DVD software player's codec is used by Media Center to decompress and display TV and this may be your problem. You can downlaod a free trial verson of InterVideo's WINDVD 6 to see if it works.

Is you already have a DVD decoder installed, try running Microsoft's XP DVD Decoder (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DE1491AC-0AB6-4990-943D-627E6ADE9FCB&displaylang=en) utility to see if it's compatible with your version.