View Full Version : Microsoft Photo Story 3 Now Released

Jason Dunn
10-27-2004, 09:56 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx' target='_blank'>http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Bring life into your favorite memories with Photo Story 3 for Windows® by adding motion, effects, music, and more to your digital photos. Easily retouch your images with a single click and add slick-looking titles, or add dramatic pans and zooms that give your creations a professional finish, create a soundtrack—even record narration. Then enjoy the show. Start sharing your stories today!"</i><br /><br />Ding ding ding, come and get it! :D Photo Story 3 is now released, and it's free, which is fantastic! Interestingly enough, if you have a haxx0red version of Windows XP (i.e.: one that hasn't been activated with Microsoft), you can't install the software. I can't wait to install it - I really liked using previous versions of Photo Story...

VanHouten
10-28-2004, 06:06 PM
I've used the first two versions of Photostory, but I find myself using MovieMaker much more often for slide-show type creation. You get much more control over the final product.

I have liked Photostory when I've used it but it was too limited for me. I have higher hopes for v3.0. I haven't installed it yet, but I am looking forward to running it through it's paces.

Filip Norrgard
10-28-2004, 07:46 PM
Being unfamiliar with PhotoStory, this free version sure seems to be a fun piece of software -- now that I've downloaded and toyed around with it.

Now, if only Microsoft could port this to Pocket PC so that I could make PhotoStories on-the-fly from the pictures taken on my Loox... :lol:

aro
10-29-2004, 07:54 AM
I've downloaded that little piece of software the minute I say the post on
your site yesterday. Within an hour I had installed it and created 2 simple projects with my daughters pix. One project for each of them (I made my wife cryied this morning by seeing her daughters old pictures this way). I was amazed with the simplicity. I am not use to this kind of UI simplicity with a Microsoft product. Much more convivial than Windows Movie maker.

I think that Microsoft knows something about Apple's iPhoto that we don't.
Since Apple is porting his best software to Windows, Microsoft keeps it thight by creating and giving away nice and usefull softwares.

My 12 year old daughter want to use it this weekend. Am I the next to shed tears...?

aro

Jason Dunn
10-29-2004, 03:54 PM
I've used the first two versions of Photostory, but I find myself using MovieMaker much more often for slide-show type creation. You get much more control over the final product.

I think you'll be disappointed by Photo Story 3 then - the primary goal isn't control, it's usability. :-) Although I will say that Photo Story 3 allows you to do more than previous versions...

Ed Hansberry
10-30-2004, 09:49 PM
Although I will say that Photo Story 3 allows you to do more than previous versions...
In what way? I have played with it and have found out it can't create VCDs. :evil: Luckily PhotoStory 2 wasn't uninstalled when 3 was. I think I'll stick with 2. At least it is an all in one package from pics to output on a CD.

I have never understood why MS or anyone for that matter makes a newer version that is less capable than the previous one. :roll:

Jason Dunn
10-30-2004, 10:32 PM
In what way? I have played with it and have found out it can't create VCDs. :evil: Luckily PhotoStory 2 wasn't uninstalled when 3 was. I think I'll stick with 2.

Yeah, I forgot about the VCD thing because I never use it - it does indeed suck that they removed that feature. The features I was talking about are the auto cropping, red eye reduction, up to 300 photos per album, multiple songs per album (this is a HUGE benefit for me personally), more control over the movements, a whack of transitions, expanded export templates...

BugDude10
11-09-2004, 04:05 AM
And don't forget the auto-music-creation! That alone is worth the price!! :D

Jason Dunn
11-09-2004, 05:34 AM
And don't forget the auto-music-creation! That alone is worth the price!! :D

I don't know...the stuff it came up with made me feel a little ill. :pukeface: