View Full Version : DVD Recorder with SD ?

Shaun Stuart
10-09-2004, 12:00 PM
Are there any DVD recorders which have an SD slot which would allow me to record movies on an SD card direct to a DVD ?

Jason Dunn
10-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Are there any DVD recorders which have an SD slot which would allow me to record movies on an SD card direct to a DVD ? Interesting idea, but I haven't heard of anything like that...

Shaun Stuart
10-10-2004, 10:36 AM
I am surprised that no one has picked up on this yet.

With the proliferation of mobile phones and pocket pcs that record video to SD and MMC cards (and the introduction of camcorders that offer the same) I would have thought that this would have been an obvious selling point for DVD recorder manufacturers.

The reason I asked is that I was considering getting my father a Sanyo VPCC1 camcorder which records direct to SD cards. Although my father owns a PC he uses it for very basic tasks and is not the sort to sit encoding files and burning to DVD.

Suhit Gupta
10-10-2004, 09:42 PM
I could have sworn I have seen something like it on Akihabara news. In fact I think I posted on a HDD/DVD Player & Recorder with a memory card reader (CF, SD and MS. Of course I can't find it now. :( But I am pretty sure such a thing exists.

Suhit

Chris Gohlke
10-13-2004, 02:36 AM
I think you are looking for this

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=65165&catGroupId=11058&displayTab=O&surfModel=DMR-E100HS&surfCategory=DVD%20Recorders

From the manual

You can dub/edit/play SD VIDEO programs. [SD VIDEO (MPEG2)
programs are for dubbing only.]
§3 Content saved on SD media storage (SV-PT1). You can only play
still pictures (JPEG, TIFF) and SD VIDEO (MPEG4) programs,
and dub(save) to HDD or DVD-RAM.

Andy Manea
10-21-2004, 06:17 PM
I found something that does what you need but the other way round. Maybe it also works from SD to DVD?

Panasonic DMR-E100HS features the industry's largest included hard drive - 120 GB.

The Panasonic DMR-E100HS not only records DVDs and holds more than 100 hours of audio/video programming in its built-in memory, it also boasts a built-in SD card slot for reading and writing MPEG2 and MPEG4 video. Now you can copy TV shows or archived video footage to portable media that will play in a laptop, camera, or other device. And guess what? This technological wonder is also a progressive-scan DVD player that's equipped to handle DVDs, CDs, and MP3-encoded discs. (http://www.aboutvideoediting.com/articles/DVD-burner.shtml)