View Full Version : Trouble with DVD Builder recognizing my Canon DV camera

Connoisseur
08-22-2004, 08:09 PM
I am having trouble with my laptop and DVD Builder. When I connect my canon ZR70MC to my laptop via firewire (4 PIN), Win XP automatically recognizes it and asks if I want to record video with either DVD Builder or Windows Movie Maker. I use DVD Builder usually. So I click on that and DVD Builder opens up. From there I hit the import DV button and I get a message from DVD Builder that "no video capture device detected"! This is crazy. I have the camera hooked up via the firewire cable, I have the camera on in VCR mode and nothing! I tested the camera out on my desktop just to make sure I wasn't doing some setting wrong. Same setup and it works fine. DVD Builder recognizes the camera and pulls in the video. I can't figure out what is up with my laptop. Corrupt IEEE driver maybe? I really want to use my laptop instead of my desktop because the video quality comes out much better with my better laptop specs. I've used my laptop before with no problems, this is sort of out of the blue. What gives? Would it be dangerous to uninstall my firewire driver and then try to reinstall? (I don't have a disk or anything for the driver since the firewire port came built into the laptop). I don't want to screw things up royally, but don't know any other way to troubleshoot this.

Suggestions, hints?

Regards,
Connoisseur