View Full Version : Moto BMC9012 'Moxi' DVR

makicr
08-13-2004, 06:28 PM
Just thought people in Ventura, California (just outside of Los Angeles for those not local) would like to know that Adelphia has rolled out their HD DVR. It is a Moto BMC9012 with Moxi. Other than the Adelphia employees who have been "testing" units, I am the second person in the area who has one (or so the tech said).

The unit records HD with great quality and I cannot tell the difference between live HD and the recorded.

It was installed on Wednsday (8/11) and the menu display seems very slow. The tech said that it would speed up, but after a few days, it remains the same. Evidently, the menu information comes via the cable modem, as opposed to the media stream. I also have a standard cable modem in another room for net access.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit? I have not seen any reference to the unit other than the moxi (Diego) site and some sites from 2002 when it was announced.

makicr
11-04-2004, 08:02 AM
For anyone who is interested, a few weeks back, Diego issued a software update and they have resolved many of the problems. While they are still working on certain issues, they seem to be very willing to wok with their customers to give them what they want. Cudos to them.