View Full Version : cracked screen :(

rzanology
07-30-2004, 04:47 PM
hey guys, the screen on my dsc-t1 is cracked. I can't even see a thing. m waiting for sony to get back to me now with some kind of price range. Do you think it will be worth it to have the screen replaced? I really love the cam....but im not willing to pay any more than $200 to get it fixed. That means i would have spent $700 on it. what do you think...

Jason Dunn
07-30-2004, 05:10 PM
LCD screens on PDAs tend to be insanely expensive, but screens on cameras are usually much smaller, so here's hoping it's not too expensive to fix! Might be time for a camera case? ;-)

Suhit Gupta
07-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Since the T1 was released just a little while ago, shouldn't your camera still be under warranty?

Suhit

Jason Dunn
07-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Since the T1 was released just a little while ago, shouldn't your camera still be under warranty?

Warranties don't usually cover damage, accidental or otherwise - they cover manufacturing flaws.

rzanology
07-31-2004, 06:09 AM
Well....good news and bad news. I am very proud and please to say that sony will replace the screen because it is under warranty. I am very shocked and impressed by his. BUT!!!! They are asking for proof of purchase. Which i dont have. I bought this camera brand new from some one who was trying to sell some stuff. I even tried calling him and asking him if he sitll had the receipt, but he didnt. So i am still very depressed!!!!

Jason Dunn
07-31-2004, 06:02 PM
I bought this camera brand new from some one who was trying to sell some stuff. I even tried calling him and asking him if he sitll had the receipt, but he didnt. So i am still very depressed!!!!

Oh no! Man, that's horrible :-( That's amazing that they would repair the screen for you, but I guess it shows how important it is to have proof of purchase, even when you're buying something second hand. Ouch. I can't imagine how frustrated you must feel... :-(

rzanology
08-01-2004, 01:30 PM
i am almost tempted to replace it no matter how much it cost. Because of the its size it became one of my many road tech. I found it hard to leave the house without it. This sucks!!!!!!!!

Littleshmee
08-03-2004, 01:16 AM
Ask the guy to go back to the store where he bought it, they can usually reprint receipts or give you some proof of purchase if it's within the past couple of years.

Suhit Gupta
08-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Ask the guy to go back to the store where he bought it, they can usually reprint receipts or give you some proof of purchase if it's within the past couple of years.
Yeah, that is a good idea. I remember calling the store I bought a laptop from about a year after I bought it and they mailed me the receipt that same day.

Suhit

rzanology
08-03-2004, 06:20 PM
thanks guys, i will try that. WISH ME LUCK!!!