View Full Version : How Many Digital Cameras Do You Own?

Jason Dunn
05-19-2004, 02:35 PM
This poll was suggested and I think it's a good question, because from my point of view, digital cameras are like laptops: not every one is perfect in every situation. :D For the purposes of this survey, I'm talking about "real" digital cameras, not multi-function devices such as camera phones or PDAs with cameras. Stand-alone digital cameras only. We'll have a survey on digital picture-taking devices later. ;-)

Todd_B
05-19-2004, 03:16 PM
I have 4 of them. I keep upgrading to better units and never seem to get around to putting the old one's on E-Bay.

Todd

Jason Dunn
05-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I have 4 of them. I keep upgrading to better units and never seem to get around to putting the old one's on E-Bay.

I tend to follow the same approach as I do with my excess Pocket PCs - give them away to friends/relatives who need some encouragement to join the digital revolution. ;-) I gave my in-laws my Canon S110 and a 256 MB CF card, and they're quite thrilled with it.

dean_shan
05-19-2004, 05:28 PM
I only have one. A Canon PowerShot S200. It's a pretty nice camera, good for hiking, nice and light. It has trouble in low light but that's ok it's just a point and shoot. I would like to get a high end camera like the Canon Rebel but it's alittle out of my price range.

Suhit Gupta
05-19-2004, 08:53 PM

I tend to follow the same approach as I do with my excess Pocket PCs - give them away to friends/relatives who need some encouragement to join the digital revolution. ;-) I gave my in-laws my Canon S110 and a 256 MB CF card, and they're quite thrilled with it.
Yeah, same here. I currently have two but I have bought five in total and have given three of them away (sister, parents, uncle).

Suhit

Gordo
05-19-2004, 11:43 PM
I think the results of the survey will be skewed with people that are upgrading cameras but not using the old ones. I believe the intent of the survey is to discover if you need multiple cameras for your photographic needs.

Just like you might have an SLR for the majority of your photography, but also use a point-and-shoot to take photos when you are out at a restaurant.

I have the Digital rebel that I use for vacation and personal photos, but I also have my small Olympus d-40 that I use at work and when I want a small camera on my belt, just in case. I find that I use the Olympus more than the Rebel. But this is because of my photographic needs.

sundown
05-20-2004, 01:25 AM
I have 3 - one older one I keep in my Jeep (I don't care so much if it gets dirty), one good one for higher quality pics (Olympus 3030) and one cheap one for my 8 year old son. 17 year old son is getting on in a week for graduation but he's moving out so I guess that doesn't count.

Jonathon Watkins
05-20-2004, 02:56 AM
I gave away my S45 and got my Powershot Pro 1. I would like to get a very small 3Mp camera at some point - to 'always' have on me.

marlof
05-20-2004, 09:37 AM
I have three: a Canon Digital Ixus 300 (2.1 megapixel, pocketsized, should be upgrade to a 4 megapixel pocketsized, but then again, I hardly use it) and a Leica Digilux 1 and a Sony Cybershot DSC-F828. Most of the times, I use the Sony though, since it's big, but small enough to fit the backpack or whatever I'm carrying.

Jason Dunn
05-20-2004, 05:13 PM
Since we're talking about this, I have two: my Canon Digital Rebel, and my Canon S400. I use the Rebel any time taking great pictures is my primary goal - traveling, sight-seeing, special events where I'm the photographer, etc. I use the much smaller S400 when I think I might want to take pictures, but that's not my primary function (birthday parties for friends, going out for dinner with friends, etc.).

Prometheus
05-20-2004, 05:35 PM
Technically, I own three. The oldest one, an old 1.3MP Olympus is in use by my parents and siblings, the Cybershot P30 going on eBay soon, and my new Dimage Z1.