View Full Version : Photography Resource: Digital Camera Resource (dcresource.com)

Suhit Gupta
04-29-2004, 08:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.dcresource.com/' target='_blank'>http://www.dcresource.com/</a><br /><br /></div>"The Digital Camera Resource Page was founded in November 1997 and is designed to be an unofficial resource for current and future owners of digital cameras. It is aimed more towards the consumer end, rather than the high end (read: $20,000) professional cameras. The mission of this site is to provide honest reviews of digital cameras and to do it without shoving ads down the throats of our readers."<br /><br />"The DCRP reports on the latest camera news and software products three times a week. Plus, our extensive Reviews section holds nearly every camera in existence, and is filled with reviews from regular people like you and me. The DCRP staff will occasionally review cameras and peripherals from time-to-time, as well. Plus, our partnership with PriceGrabber.com providers our readers with up-to-date pricing information on all the popular camera models. Finally, our message boards are a place for current and prospective camera owners to trade tips and questions in a friendly atmosphere."<br /><br />DCRP has a reputation for great, and to the point, reviews of digital cameras. This is one of the sites that I check regularly myself as well as one I would recommend to a friend who is in the market for a camera.

Kurt Hunciker
04-29-2004, 10:27 PM
I guess "great" minds think alike. Prior to this site, my favorite digital photography sites were Dpreview, Dcviews and Imaging-resource -- the three that have been recommended by Suhit Gupta.

If I had to be confined to one of those three, it would be Dpreview. Dpreview has by far the most active forums. Also, while Phil Askey posts relatively few reviews, they are amazingly detailed and informative. (Often, fans of a particular camera reviewed by Phil post messages strongly disagreeing with Phil's conclusions, with their disagreements based entirely upon the comparative shots and other data contained in the review.)

Nevertheless, all three sites are excellent. Like the ____mediathoughts sites, I would hate to be without any of them. :)