View Full Version : muvee Releases Classic Professional Styles Pack

Jason Dunn
04-28-2004, 05:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.muvee.com/website/news_release_24.php' target='_blank'>http://www.muvee.com/website/news_release_24.php</a><br /><br /></div>"muvee Technologies, the pioneer in automatic video production, has released its new Pro Classic stylePack. The 24 professional styles in this series use clean cuts and simple dissolve transitions with no special effects applied. The styles differ in how they select and cut the video, allowing the user to emphasize steady or fast-motion shots, and shots with human faces. They also provide a wide range of cutting speeds from very slow to very fast.<br /> <br />Dr. Pete Kellock, founder and CEO of muvee Technologies said, “We’ve had a huge number of requests from users for a wider range of straightforward editing styles, ones that cut the video in different ways yet keep it simple and clean with no fancy effects or added graphics. This pack addresses that demand. It will appeal to our professional users and to anyone who believes ‘less is more’ in video productions. It supplements the three Pro styles that come bundled with muvee autoProducer, offering greater creative variety.” <br /><br />muvee styles are production templates. Each style has its own set of intelligent video editing algorithms, which create the look of the finished production made from the user’s raw video. These algorithms determine which parts of the raw video should be included in the production, where to cut in and out of each shot, what kinds of transitions and effects to use, what graphics use and how to animate them, how the production should be paced to the user’s choice of music, and many other factors."<br /><br />Now that muvee has added the scene selection functionality with their latest version, muvee can be used for a wider variety of projects. In light of that, styles that are less flashy and more professional are a good fit. There are 24 styles, but I'm a little dubious on the $19.95 price - it seems a bit expensive. But it might be that I can't appreciate the style previews because the preview window is a tiny 2 inch by 2 inch square on my monitor. Nice to see continued progress from the muvee folks though! Now if they could only add WMV import...

Gordo
04-29-2004, 12:41 AM
I have been waiting for this exact style pack! :D I was not in a hurry to pay extra money for the “Cool” packs.

With the last upgrade, I complained here about the cost and the fact that there was only one feature with the upgrade. I also email the company to encourage them to offer some incentives for early upgraders. The first response was a polite “thanks for your thoughts, but it will cost you to upgrade”. A few days later, I got another email from someone else at the company who thought more of my comments and provided me with a link to download the upgrade FREE. Because of this, I am very glad to pay for this style pack.
:D