View Full Version : Premiere Pro and MPEG

dblml320
04-23-2004, 03:01 PM
If you've seen my <a href="http://www.So, if you've got any particular questions about Premiere Pro, please post them here. If I think they are applicable to the review, I'll answer them within the review otherwise, time permitting, I'll try to answer them in this topic thread.

Post away!

--Philip

So Philip,

Why is Premiere Pro so LAME about MPEG?? I have Premiere and a DVD camcorder that records in MPEG2 (Sony Camera). If I try to import video from this camera Premiere Pro GPF's and terminates.

I spent $39 (Stupid on my part) to have Adobe tell me to buy a firewire capture device, but really needs to happen is Adobe NEEDS TO FIX, their claimed MPEG support in Premiere!

Philip Colmer
04-23-2004, 06:42 PM
How do you import the video? Is it written onto a DVD that you then place in your DVD drive and access as video files?

Premiere Pro certainly gives every appearance of supporting MPEG so there are two possibilities that occur to me:

1. There is a bug in PPro's handling of MPEG files, which is what is causing the GPF.

2. The MPEG files have an error in them, so they aren't conforming to the standard, which is what is causing PPro to blow up.

Have you tried the MPEG files in any other video editing software?

--Philip