View Full Version : Thoughts Media Corporate Site Updated

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 05:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.thoughtsmedia.com' target='_blank'>http://www.thoughtsmedia.com</a><br /><br /></div>I'm pleased to announce the launch of <a href="http://www.thoughtsmedia.com/">Thoughts Media Inc.'s corporate home page</a> - there's not much corporate information there yet, but what is there is pretty darn cool: <a href="http://www.fabriziofiandanese.com">Fabrizio Fiandanese</a>, our Lead Developer &amp; Designer, has whipped up an RSS feed that merges the news from all three network sites. This is a central page you can go to in order to see what's happening on all three sites. If you're interested in a particular site, it's best to subscribe to the RSS feed from each site, but this is a good page to visit when you're on vacation and you just <i>need</i> to see what's happening on all the sites at once. ;-) Let us know what you think of it.<br /><br />Would there be any interest in an RSS feed that combined news from all three sites - a Thoughts Media RSS feed?

Lee Yuan Sheng
04-23-2004, 05:16 PM
This is a great idea Jason, but aren't you worried about making the main pages of the other 3 sites redundant?

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 05:23 PM
This is a great idea Jason, but aren't you worried about making the main pages of the other 3 sites redundant?

Not at all. The RSS feed only gives the first two sentences or so from each post, so in order to read the story you have to click on READ MORE or DISCUSS THIS STORY, and then that takes you to the actual Web site. This home page is just a small peek into what's going on with the sites - people will still have to visit the individual site if they want to get the whole story, which is what I want. :D

James Fee
04-23-2004, 05:41 PM
Way cool...

How about being able to customize the RSS feed? I don't have a smartphone, so those stories might not be of any interest to me, but having both DMT and PPCT as one feed would be nice. I'm sure some people might only want SMT and PPCT as one feed too...

Andy Manea
04-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Nice site... I might change the settings of IE to have that one as a homepage, so far PPCT was always my number 1 :)
Did you know that SPT is one of the few links listed in the German MS Smart Phone booklet?!?!?

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 06:38 PM
How about being able to customize the RSS feed? I don't have a smartphone, so those stories might not be of any interest to me, but having both DMT and PPCT as one feed would be nice. I'm sure some people might only want SMT and PPCT as one feed too...

Hmm...I'm not sure if that's easy to do, but I'll certainly look into it!

Suhit Gupta
04-23-2004, 06:39 PM
Very nice... Excellent job Jason and Fabrizio.

Suhit

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 06:44 PM
Nice site... I might change the settings of IE to have that one as a homepage, so far PPCT was always my number 1

Sure, I'm expecting some people to do that, and it's a good thing for our sites, because it will very likely mean more visitors stopping by because they'll get a wider exposure to the content across our network.

Did you know that SPT is one of the few links listed in the German MS Smart Phone booklet?!?!?

Really? No, I didn't know that. Cool! :D

James Fee
04-23-2004, 06:48 PM
If anyone could do it, I'm sure Fabrizio can. :lol:

bdegroodt
04-23-2004, 06:59 PM
If anyone could do it, I'm sure Fabrizio can. :lol:

Something like the iTunes RSS builder (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/MRSS/rssGenerator)would be cool.

James Fee
04-23-2004, 07:24 PM
Something like the iTunes RSS builder (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSearch.woa/wa/MRSS/rssGenerator)would be cool.

Exactly!

mrkablooey
04-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Way cool...

Be careful, you'll give Jason more ideas for the thoughtsmedia.com subscriber services. :lol:

Jason Dunn
04-23-2004, 08:44 PM
Be careful, you'll give Jason more ideas for the thoughtsmedia.com subscriber services. :lol:

We've already been thinking about this. ;-)

James Fee
04-23-2004, 09:23 PM
I'm usually the guy that causes other people to have more work. :twisted:

Gary Sheynkman
04-23-2004, 10:17 PM
What an awesome idea!

I take it that it is not complete since there is no about page with the cute little pictures of the editors :lol:

So whats the future of Thoughts Media....or would you have to kill me if you tell me? :wink:

mrkablooey
04-23-2004, 11:29 PM

We've already been thinking about this. ;-)

BASTARDS. ;-)

:grab:

bobkatt
04-28-2004, 06:41 PM
Hi Jason:

This new site looks great.

I am hoping that due to this merging of information that your sites do not become like www.pdastreet.com or other huge corporate media sites.
These sites have lost the personal touch and became just one large automated monster.

I used to be a great contributor to www.WinCECity.com but when they were bought out and became part of PDAStreet.com and internet.com, the personality of the website changed.

Much of www.wincecity.com's uniqueness and individuality was merged into a common structure and most of the sites character was filtered out.

As long as Jason Dunn as an individual with passion and insight is reflected in the different websites then I am all for it. If Dason Dunn as the CEO becomes the overwhelming force over the websites then I will not be too happy. ;-)

Bob

mrkablooey
04-29-2004, 12:29 AM
good thoughts, bobkatt. I hope jason keeps his personal touch as well. and not just cuz he has cool avatars. :D