View Full Version : Forbes: "The Best New Digital Cameras"

Suhit Gupta
04-21-2004, 07:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.forbes.com/2004/04/15/cz_sm_0416digitalpics.html' target='_blank'>http://www.forbes.com/2004/04/15/cz_sm_0416digitalpics.html</a><br /><br /></div>"Faster, smaller, cheaper, better. That's the incessant drumbeat of digital electronics, and cameras march to the rhythm. Several years ago buying a digital camera was a definite maybe. Today it's hard to make a case for film. Amateurs are learning the secret that great photographers always knew: If you want great pictures, take lots of them. With digital photography, doing that costs almost nothing, and today's cameras are easy to use and produce photos nice enough to satisfy almost anybody."<br /><br />Stephen Manes at Forbes.com takes a look at the entire range of digital cameras out there in order to guide, perhaps someone unsure of which camera to buy and doesn't know all the varieties available, in choosing the right camera, whether it is a $200 or $1000 one. He takes a look at 16 cameras and classifies them into four categories - Basic Shooters, Little Wonders, Megapixel Monsters and Digital SLRs. He also talk about the accessories needed to complete the digital photography kit. I like his review, I just don't like the motto 'Faster, smaller, cheaper, better', even though it goes well here with digital cameras, because I always associate that motto with NASA's failed strategy of satellite launches in the 90's ;-).

possmann
04-21-2004, 07:37 PM
I always find it "interesting" when a non-digital/computer magizine does an article on a topic they really don't have any expertise in talking about. This is clearly a very high level article that offers no real in depth discussion on any single one camera or feature. For the non techno person clearly.

Gary Sheynkman
04-21-2004, 10:54 PM
for some reason I cant get that link to work...I cant even get forbes.com to work.... :?:

Lee Yuan Sheng
04-22-2004, 04:53 AM
It works here..

Heh, it's one of those technology articles for the PHB!