View Full Version : LS443

gorf
04-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Love the camera..good all around device. Looking to get some feedback from other users on a problem that just showed up.

Im not sure if it just my camera or not but it is VERY easy to inadvertantly turn this camera on in the auto mode...which allows the lens system to "wake up". This is all good as long as the camera is outside of its case.

I think you see where this is going.

Curious if any other owners of Kodack Easy Share cameras has had the lens extend while in the case and take out a few servos/gears?

I dont imagine this is a cheap fix ( dealing with the Lens system ) and wonder if its worth a repair like this on a $300 camera.

Jason Dunn
04-20-2004, 11:15 PM
I don't have a Kodak myself, but I got a good laugh when I read your subject line because I thought it was some sort of haxx0r word that I didn't understand. :lol:

gorf
04-21-2004, 12:41 AM
LOL....

You wont find me posting any leetspeak...unless Im busting the stones of a BOFH!

Suhit Gupta
04-21-2004, 03:08 AM
The only experience I had with a Kodak camera is with a DX series model (I can't remember the exact model number) almost 3 years ago. It was a 2.1MP camera, though I only remember it being very slow, both to start up as well as time between consecutive shots. Since then I was really turned off from Kodak digital cameras. Of course, this was a long time ago and things have changed but I just can't find myself buying anything else other than Canon :).

Suhit