View Full Version : USB Flash Drive

hoffm11
04-12-2004, 05:34 PM
I just got a 128 MB Sandisk Mini flash drive and experienced a disturbing issue today. I copied a bunch of files from my home computer (XP Pro) and then brought the device to work and noticed all the files I put on there where delete, but the folders where still there. My work computer is a Win2K computer. Has anyone had this issues with a flash drive? How did you correct it?

Jason Dunn
04-12-2004, 05:52 PM
One thing I've noticed with Flash drives, and storage cards as well, is that Windows doesn't write all the files immediately to the device - when you're done copying the files, leave the drive connected for about 60 seconds to make absolutely sure that all the files get transferred over. See if that helps!

hoffm11
04-12-2004, 05:56 PM
Jason,

I will check that out and see if that helps, but I some of the files that I moved over where there a day ago. I did install the security application (Cruzer Lock) when i first got the device on Saturday, so I wondering if that did anything.

Thanks..

Jason Dunn
04-12-2004, 06:07 PM
Hmm. If the drive was in read-only mode, it would have warned you and not allowed you to write to it, but I haven't use that particular app, so who knows. :-)