View Full Version : How “spouse friendly” is your digital lifestyle?

Raven
03-28-2004, 05:35 AM
Here are some small tips that might make your household more gadget friendly (not to mention wrangle a bigger gadget budget :twisted:). Please feel free to add your own. I hope this thread ends up being a guide to help in making all readers of Digital Media Thoughts a better “better half” :lol:

Do you take care of all the wires and adapters for his/her gadgets when going on a trip?
Do you clean his/her screens as well when going through your weekly ritual?
Did you buy him/her a smaller MP3 player for gym? (ok, I admit this is more gender specific than I hoped for :D)
Do you rip new CDs in two quality settings? One for his/her flash MP3 player and one for your jukebox?
Did you buy your spouse a PDA of their own so they could join you in reading ebooks in bed?
Do you have a PVR setup (hassle free of course) so you can record his/her favorite shows while out? (You don’t watch TV, remember :wink:)
Did you buy him/her their own tiny digital camera so they don’t have to deal with your 30 button dSLR?
Do you take 8x10 prints of the good shots and frame them for the living room wall?
Did you invest in a GPS device so that the navigator never gets blamed?Please carry on...

Gary Sheynkman
04-07-2004, 03:33 AM
being single rules :roll:

aximmaxim
04-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Raven,
Great post! My wife sees through all these things (except that one about the 8x10s), so here's to winning some stuff!
AxMax

Rikostan
04-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Whenever I buy a new PDA, I hand down the older one to my wife, hers goes to my oldest son and now his goes to my daughter, so we recycle pretty well. My youngest is only two years old, but I bet he will be using a device by time he is 7 :)

At first my wife was pretty much against owning a PDA, but I showed her some of the things she could do with one and little by little I won her over. Now she is really looking forward to the upgrade I am planning for this summer, so she can have my current device.

igroknful
05-05-2004, 08:39 AM
My boyfriend said if they make a PDA with a certain attachment, I won't need him. I can't be that bad... :roll:

ace

Jerry Raia
02-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Reminds me of a T shirt I once saw.

On the front:
My girlfriend says if I don't stop surfing all the time she'll leave me.

On the back:
Gosh I'll miss her.

:lol: