View Full Version : Best photo album website?

Mr. MacinTiger
03-08-2004, 03:19 PM
If there was a thread on this earlier, I must have missed it. I was wondering what y'all use.

Currently, I am a member of Fototime and have been generally satisfied with their on-line display options and the photo prints that we have ordered. I think I am paying like $25.00 a year for 250 megs of space? Occaisonally for members, they will put some prints on sale too and that is a nice perk. I use an OS X shareware program called Photomover that easily uploads my pictures right from iPhoto.

However, as of late, I have been really tempted to jump to Smugmug. It's on-line display options look slick...I mean REALLY good and they offer unlimted storage for like $30.00 a year. They also have a free Smugmug program that they wrote for OS X that integrates with iPhoto and makes uploading easier...But they told me that their prints will never be on sale.

So that's where I am at now!

James Fee
03-08-2004, 05:59 PM
Any reason you don't use .Mac for your photo hosting?

Mr. MacinTiger
03-08-2004, 09:18 PM
I have used .Mac on some of their free trial offerings, and it's pretty slick and well integrated with OS X. Unfortunately though, I am one of those bitter souls who felt a little bit betrayed when Steve Job's "free email for life" speech was forgotten about and Apple started charging for the .Mac services. I guess I am harboring an irrational grudge for Apple doing that? :)

However, they do get a pretty good chunk of my change through the iTunes store, so they are getting some $$$ from me heh heh heh

marlof
03-08-2004, 11:35 PM
One vote for Smugmug here. I've heard and experienced nothing but good things with them, and I love the way how you can "grow" into more advanced accounts.

Gary Sheynkman
03-09-2004, 04:18 AM
www.fotki.com

BEST BAR NONE

30 bucks a month

unlimited storage

19 cent 4*6 prints