View Full Version : New post graphic

backpackerx
03-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Arrrrrrrrrrgh, does everyone else have the problem with the orange new post notification graphics beside the topics? By problem I mean that no matter whether there is a new topic or not or whether you've read them all, marked them all read, refteshed endlessly---They still show up on 5 or 6 topics. With the site still new I'm trying to keep up on all the new posts but it makes it difficult when that feature doesn't work. I do use the display all posts since last visit but you have to keep backing out of the site to refresh it.
I PM'ed Jason the other day and he said it was a phpBB software issue.

Gary Sheynkman
03-02-2004, 11:57 PM
Sometimes yes...sometimes no. I think you have to POST in each new topic in order for it to disappear. :lol:

backpackerx
03-03-2004, 12:00 AM
Well, that's not the way it's supposed to work and I don't think I'll try your option :) you seem to be covering it fine.

Gary Sheynkman
03-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, that's not the way it's supposed to work and I don't think I'll try your option :) you seem to be covering it fine.

:wink: :roll:

Its a small quirk that i think Jason will take care off....just pretend you dont see it from now on ok? :wink:

Suhit Gupta
03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Bad option, but will help debug - try quitting the browser and restarting it (the browser) up again. If this fixes it then there is some funky thing going on with your browser cache.

Suhit

backpackerx
03-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Have done that. It shows up in Opera and IE. Always the same topics.

Suhit Gupta
03-03-2004, 01:15 AM
Only other recommendation: Try mozilla/firefox temporarily to see if it is a browser issue.

Suhit

backpackerx
03-03-2004, 01:24 AM
You must think I'm some sort of geek to have IE, Opera, and Mozilla on my PC.
Ok, I am, this post is through Mozilla :) and I have the same issue. It's always the same 6 topics that never go away.

Gary Sheynkman
03-03-2004, 01:36 AM
You must think I'm some sort of geek to have IE, Opera, and Mozilla on my PC.
Ok, I am, this post is through Mozilla :) and I have the same issue. It's always the same 6 topics that never go away.

Well if Jason told you that it was a phpBB issue, I doubt that changing browsers will have a huge impact on your results :roll: